Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kindness of The Man

So, we are back.  The Man left today.  My heart is heavy, my bed is empty (well except for the dog) and I have had to put my big girl panties on...

On our flight back out, The Man was in no small amount of pain with a tooth gone bad, it was a red eye flight (meaning we flew all night long) and I have to take dramamine to survive.  The Man is very thoughtful.  He is loving, he is kind and he delights in giving me gifts that mean something extra special to me.  I love to read.... OH how I love to read.  So, three years ago, for Christmas, I received a Kindle.  I have loved it, passworded it, babied it, (gotten in trouble of the point, click, receive = lower bank account).  So, in my sleepy haze filled worry over my Man, care to take a guess at what I left on the plane?

This was my baby......


The pain was really quite excruciating.  I felt dumb, forgetful and not a very good steward of what my Husband had given me.  He tried to go back and get it, but alas, there was no one there.  He assured me that it was completely understandable given the circumstances.  I still just feel crummy, ya know?  So, he left today, but before he got on the plane, we were able to talk and he said, so.. have you read the email I sent you?  I said,  NO BaBE.. I'm sorry, I haven't had time to breathe, it being my first day back at work.  So, this is what I found when I got home tonight.

Dana,

Your new kindle is on it's way! I would like you to contact Delta through their website anyway and see if you Kindle can be found. Either way, you should have a Kindle by next week! I don't want you to feel bad about losing it. As tired as we were and with Dramamine, It's a small thing.

I thought I had some other things when I started this e-mail, but they've escaped me. So know I love you. I really enjoyed canning with you last night, and know I will miss you terribly while I'm gone.

Love Michael


We came home last night and promptly canned 13 quarts of green beans from our garden.  He is so good and it often shames me that I am short with him.  I get tired, frustrated when I can't find things, or they are out of place, or he has what he calls an ADD moment and I am quick to criticize.  I let my emotions get the better of me, I get frightened and I run from him or strike out instead of running to him or trusting him to lead as I know he can.  He shows me by example what forgiveness is, understanding, and patience.  His worst fear is that he will fail me, that he will not be the leader that I need and our family needs.  I often wonder how he can ever think that when it is so obvious that if heart and wisdom is what makes a good leader, he has it in spades.


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gesture! The Man did good!

    When I first saw "canning" I thought you were saying "caning" and thought, "Oh My!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now.. THAT is a whole other thing....lol.. and yes, he did good.

      Delete
  2. Aww - just melted my heart. Have to agree with Christina - The Man did very good.

    I also read "canning" as "caning" until I got to the beans! Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, NO NO to the caning.. Got nothing but green beans.. here..

      Delete
  3. How very, very sweet! Made me smile. Thanks for sharing. I pray that his tooth gets better. God Bless You Both, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is some better. And yes, he is very sweet. Strong, but sweet

      Delete
  4. That's so nice. I'm happy for you. Love can be so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawww, how sweet of him! :)

    ReplyDelete