Tuesday, June 19, 2012

When he is gone..

My Man.  He is amazing!!  When he's not making me crazy.  Well even then.  He makes the sacrifices to provide for us.  He is gone for 28 days and home for about that.  The first few days I miss him so.  My heart longs for  him, yearns for him, and the bed?  It feels like it grew about 5 feet.  I hold his pillow and breathe in his scent.  I stay busy.  I raise our kids and TRY not to chew them up and spit them out.

Everyone at work knows "it's that day".  They leave me alone, they quietly support me, and try to stay under the radar.  I work with really great folks.

The worst part is before he goes to the rig.  He is lonely, he misses me, the kids, his bed, and us.  Before TTWD, it wasn't like this.  We were often more than ready to go our separate ways just to get a break from the tension.  Now, it's just not that way.  We are constantly amazed at how much better things are.

He is the love of my life.  I strive to be a better wife to him and mother to our kids.  The bottom line is, he makes me want to be a better me.  So, I will do the right things (hopefully), follow the rules (Please let that be the truth this time), and be so happy when he is home again (always)
Dana


4 comments:

  1. It must be hard to be apart for such a long period of time. My husband is often gone M-F, but then I still get to see him on the weekend. That's hard enough, I can't imagine him being gone for a month at a time. I can relate to what you said about how it didn't used to be such a big deal, that you were both ready for a break. I remember before we started doing ttwd, I would look forward to the weekend, but then end up wondering why because we wouldn't get along. When Monday morning came and he was gone, it was a relief to both of us I think. How sad is that? Things are much better for us now and I'm glad that they are for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard. I miss him, and he misses us. I am however so grateful that I can have complete faith in him. My trust in him is absolute. I don't have to EVER worry about him being unfaithful or doing something to damage us.

      Delete
  2. He sounds like a very good man, one who is worthy of your love and respect. Even though its lonely when he's away, it must make coming home all that more sweet now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely Christina. Well unless I have done something to lower the paddle!!! But even then, I am glad for him to come home.

      Delete