Thursday, June 28, 2012

McDonald's is the culprit

So, I embarked upon the journey to weight loss a little over a year ago.  I have struggled all my life with it.  It makes me feel bad about myself and had lowered my self esteem to the place I avoided mirrors at all costs.  Then the doctor said the magic words, "Dana we are going to need to do something or in 6 months, I am going to be prescribing something for diabetes."  I had time to turn it around.  After thoughtful consideration, The Man asked me, "Would you like me to help you with this?"  I said, YES.  So, just so you have background.

He holds me accountable.  The only thing I am spanked for is an obvious breaking of my diet.  Especially when I know in my heart I shouldn't have had it.  Notice I didn't say weight gain, or no weight loss.  He feels that breaking my diet falls under not taking care of me both physically and mentally as the weight effects my health and makes me feel bad about me.   I can plan for special treats, so I don't feel cheated.  My worst spanking included (there were a list of transgressions) a breaking of the diet.

It's all McDonalds fault, followed closely by Dairy Queen.  I love, LOVE ice cream.  So, the McDonalds CEO received inspiration from the devil himself, and created the  M&M McFlurry LARGE size.  Dairy Queen CEO, not to be outdone, listened to the Devil Angel on his shoulder and the LARGE ice cream cone dipped in chocolate was spawned...


See, you see the conspiracy don't you.  I KNOW you do. 

The good angel on my shoulder says, "Dana, you need to eat a salad, and fruit.  You LIKE fruit.  The OTHER one, after knocking out the good angel says, "Eat the ice cream, order it, who's gonna know?  He's gone, you know you want it"

 Me-  No, it gets me spanked, I haven't planned for it, it's not in the calories today.

 "So, you control the calorie count, it doesn't have to go in this time." 

Me- THAT is lying by omission and that gets me in BIG trouble. 

" It would taste so good. Can't you taste it, feel it on  your tongue..." 

Me-  ARRGGHHH,   Yes, I would like a LARGE McFlurry.  And then I hear, does that complete your order.....

So, having learned a smidgeon of self control over these two temptations, the Devil known as the CEO of McDonald's has launched a new campaign.  Just when you thought it was safe to go to McDonalds and get a diet coke....



Warning.. Warning...  Warning...  THIS is what I found at McDonalds drive thru yesteday..
So, on days like yesterday, when temptation over takes me, and the devil angel wins, and I order the new cone.  (It was yummy) I find myself fervently praying I planned well on my calories and... something to this effect...


Cause I figure something like this is coming!!



6 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we know we are doing something that would lead to being OTK but we do it anyway? I am glad I am not the only one and I also hope your count is good so that you don't end up OTK.

    Alas, I have not seen that Chocolate Dipped Cone at our McD's and I hope I never do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's the upside of me not being able to have dairy, I'm not tempted by such treats. However, there are plenty of other temptations out there, don't ask me now I know. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I am proud to report i had 10 whole calories to spare.... Whew.. yes, I wiped the sweat from my brow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you had calories to spare!

      Delete
  4. I am trying to get myself back into eating better so I'll probably write about that...

    But one thing I have found very helpful is to *replace* treats with other equally tasty and special food. I had a meal plan that limited my fruit to two servings a day. A large apple or banana counts as two servings, too! Suddenly, I was craving fruit *all* the time and could not get enough. Don't get me wrong...I still want chocolate and candy and so on, but I found as I took more time and effort to prepare nice meals that slowly the treat cravings got a bit more manageable. Maybe you know all this already and this was just a fun post, but maybe it will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice. The summer time is easier because I LOVE fruit, especially watermelon. My big problem is I am a stress eater. Ya know.. Oh.. It's been a bad day, ice cream makes it ALL better especially with a cookie chaser....

      I am learning to go for the "other" things. but sometimes, the bad angel just wins...

      Delete